Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Letting Go...

Dear Lies,

I wanted to write you a letter today to tell you how I really feel about this whole mess and the pain and torture you have put me through..
I don't think you have any idea how destructful our freindship has been, if that's what you call it. I feel I need to get a few things out in the open with you if you don't mind because I have kept them inside for too long and I don't want to feel sad and guilty anymore.

You see I no longer feel that our friendship is of benefit to me at this stage of my life. I don't really know why we ever became friends because all you have done is belittle me, bring me down, negatively affect my health and well-being and destroyed many important relationships and almost turned the people I care for the most away from me. You have made me angry, sad, depressed, detached from normal things, you have taken away my pride, my esteem and most importantly my truth and my voice. You have caused me stress, made me cry for 15 yrs and made me feel inadequate.

I feel it is best if we dont see eachother anymore. My life no longer has room for you in it. I will no longer support you or listen to what you think is best for me or what path I should take. I will no longer allow you to steal my freedom, my kindness, my faith and my truth. I will no longer let you control or change the way I am. I will no longer allow you to destroy my relationship as I am happy now and I want to live a happy and honest life with my partner. I will no longer let you be the little nagging voice in the back of mind telling me I am worthless or that if I do this I will be better, more perfect, more accepted or approved of. I am accepted and approved and loved the way I am and I no longer have room for your stupidities, your manipulation and your secrets.

I will no longer be communicating with you and I hope that you will respect this wish and do not return. I want you to know that if you do that there will be consequences for that entry back into my life. I will not go down that road and refuse to allow it. I have accepted the mistakes that you have made and I accept and forgive myself for allowing you into my life. I want to say goodbye now because I don't want to be sad anymore and I don't want to feel like I'm not good enough either. I am worth more than you and I will no longer allow you to tell me different.

Good bye Lies.

Jennifer

No comments: